Friday, December 10, 2010

Rare and Beautiful Treasures

Proverbs 24:3-4 By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established; through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures.

I named our home school Rare Treasures. I would have named it Rare and Beautiful Treasures but that seemed such a mouthful.
Home school is indeed rare. There's alot of focus on that part. Because of it's rarity, it's also very misunderstood. I misunderstood it myself at one time. Home school children are socially challenged (in other words, weird). Home school parents are overprotective. You have to be super smart to be a home school parent. Right? Home school. Not for me. No mam!
Then God told me to home school my children. Come again? I think you have the wrong mama. I'm not incapable of learning but I'm not what you would consider the sharpest tool in the shed nor the brightest crayon in the box. Neither have I won any awards for the World's Most Patient Mother. What will my family and friends say? No, I'm SURE you have the wrong mama.
Peace. I remember the moment that He said "This is my answer for you." Despite my fear and doubt, I had peace. If He told me to do it, then it would work. So far, it has.
We've been at this for a little over four months now. Oh, the beauty! Rare, yes. Beautiful, indeed. This is one of the hardest things I've ever done. I started experiencing a fatigue that I usually only feel during pregnancy. Not cool! My house fell apart. It was the dirtiest it's ever been. My emotions were a wreck at times. I was tired, so tired. And sometimes I felt so ...... alone. How is that beautiful? It just is. I came through it. I'm learning and growing.
I've started this blog to record those rare and beautiful moments. I realize that one day this part of my life will be over. I love to express myself with words. Anyone who knows me would testify to the validity of that statement! Journaling is soothing to me. I also love to go back and see where I've come from. How I've grown. How I could be better. And to be able to relive the rare and beautiful moments captured in words (however un-eloquent they may be).
Here's to many more rare and beautiful moments and the treasures they will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment