Wednesday, March 23, 2011

March Madness!!

Truly, March has been crazy for us! We are normally a very laid back family. We're not the type to always be on the road. Normally. This month has been the opposite. I hate that feeling of being behind. I keep having to remind myself that we are year around schoolers for this very reason. We can break any time we want. Still, I pushed hard this week to get caught up.
The biggest help to me this week has been to try out Time4Learning. I normally research things to death before trying. I had heard of T4L before but wasn't that interested. I wanted to be more hands on. Neither did I want to pay the $19.95/month fee. But at the height of feeling stressed out about being behind, I decided to try it out. Without tons of research. After all, there's a 14 day trial period so I wouldn't be out anything if we hated it.
We don't hate it! We actually love it. Well, I love it. Number 1 likes it. Tolerates it. As she does most of her school work. ;-) I love it because it takes some pressure off of me. We're mostly using the Math and Language Arts section of it.
The Math section is my BFF. I've found that I don't love teaching math. I don't know if it's the program, the child I'm teaching (she gripes so much about math!), or if I'm just not good at it. I understand math pretty well (though I'm much more of a English girl) but may not be so good at teaching it. Whatever the reason, I'm thankful for T4L's math. It's so nice to be able to send #1 to the computer while I work hands on with #2.

Anyway, March madness has been mad but it helped me find a better way of doing things. So I guess it wound up being a good thing after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment